Have you ever dreamed of "living where you play", in the foothills, in a small community where a handshake is golden, where you know your neighbors and at least half of the people you run into at the local grocery store? Did you think you could never have this AND create a promising career, being a part of an amazing hard working team that is dedicated to making a difference in the world? We're bucking the system and we're looking for rock stars that want it all in life.
- figure out how to fix things rather than who’s to blame
- love trying new things and understand failures are successes in
all the paperclips to be organized and color coordinate
stand it when your pantry doesn’t have the labels “faced"
- must eat, breathe, sleep organization and efficiency!
- know that one less sunburn makes a difference
- aren’t afraid to make mistakes and try new things
- care more about your intelligence, attitude, and your values than your experience
- believe lemonade stands breed genius
UV Skinz sells peace-of-mind from the sun’s
damaging rays. We manufacture UV
protective sunwear for all ages and make it a top priority to provide the highest
quality, fashionable and affordable sun protection products on the market. Most people don’t realize that more than 3
million cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed this year or that 1 in 5
Americans will have some form of skin cancer in their lifetime. We want to help change these statistics by
bringing products to the market that help families live sun safe while never
forgetting how important it is to LIVE
and HAVE FUN outdoors!
During our ten year history we have demonstrated
consistently strong healthy growth in sales and company branding and we are
recognizing the need for rock stars. We
are seeking a full-time person who can take on the role of Warehouse Manager
for our fast-growth company. The Warehouse Manager will coordinate the
day-to-day operations of the UV Skinz eCommerce warehouse and storage
facilities (including receiving, picking, restock, and inventory control),
provide direction and guidance to the peak season warehouse team in order to
operate an efficient warehouse fulfillment process, and ensure that the
warehouse facilities comply with all federal and corporate standards for safety
The ideal Warehouse Manager is an experienced leader with excellent people management skills and practices who can connect with our staff while streamlining processes, enhancing productivity, and minimizing problems in the warehouse and logistics. This role drives operational excellence by ensuring that all orders are shippin on time, the warehouse is well stocked, organized and clean, inventory is accurate and employees are properly trained on safety and other job requirements. The Warehouse Manager will report directly to the Director of Customer Service and must possess strong confidence and experience, and be ready to play an integral part in navigating the waters as we continue on our mission of becoming a household name for sun protection! For the right candidate, there is tremendous opportunity for growth and for helping to make a significant impact on the future direction of the company. Excellent pay depending on experience.
- Some of the immediate tasks that need addressing within the first year include:
- Planning, scheduling, and management of daily work activities within the warehouse to expedite workflow, including receiving, picking, restocking, and inventory control.
- Ensure inventory is received appropriately and efficiently processed in the warehouse in order to maintain its integrity.
- Extract data from the inventory systems to assemble reports and analyze, for the purpose of identifying any operational improvements or opportunities pertaining to production, quality, efficiency, safety, etc.
- Improve implementation/reorganization of warehouse picking flow & storage
- Forecast staffing, workload, and performance results to meet business demands, including maintaining a pipeline of available workers to support additional needs during peak or growth periods.
- Continuously evaluating and improving processes to ensure the safety and proper treatment of the product as well as accuracy and efficiency of picking and shipping orders.
- Maintaining inventory accuracy, availability and visibility, through proper storage and organization practices, as well as periodic cycle counting. Reconciliation of physical and electronic inventory systems.
- Lead and develop fellow associates by evaluating and monitoring their performance, providing feedback, and providing training related to facility policies and procedures.
- Upkeep of physical warehouse to ensure safety and compliance with OSHA and company quality and sfety standards as well as well being of warehouse team.
- Future areas of responsibility could also include:
- Implementation of electronic bar coding system
- New warehouse facility expansion/growth
- Returns team management
- Shipping/Packing team management
- Logistics management
- Job Requirements
- BA or BS in Business Administration or Supply Chain, and/or 5 years warehouse management experience, preferably in each-pick eCommerce application or catalog fulfillment environment. Lean or Six-Sigma considered a plus.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems functions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with heavy emphasis in Excel, specifically for producing reports and simple calculations of percentages, area, volume, etc. (pivot tables), shipping platforms and internet use capabilities.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with positive attitude and demeanor. Self-directed, flexible, and manages time effectively with limited supervision; well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including peak seasons and special events.
- Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 50 lbs regularly, perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Experience managing daily workforce with a track record of performance excellence, meeting targets and objectives.
- Knowledge of best practices with respect to inventory handing and organization, as well as compliance issues (legal, HR, OSHA, safety, etc.).
- Be results oriented, focused, driven to achieve targets, and possess a high degree of urgency.
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Be guided by values that are consistent with those of UV Skinz (www.uvskinz.com/ourstory).
- Positive outlook on life and good sense of humor mandatory
The rock star we’re looking for has to be willing to move to Sonora,
California and become a part of an amazing hard working team that is dedicated
to making a difference in this world. If this job description speaks directly to you and your
you consider yourself
to be one of the best in your industry
and are looking to add an
amazing chapter to your book of life, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Qualified candidates please submit your resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org