UV Skinz sells peace-of-mind from the sun’s damaging rays. We manufacture UV protective sunwear for all ages and make it a top priority to provide the highest quality, fashionable and affordable UPF 50+ sun protection apparel products on the market. The company was founded after the owner lost her 32-year-old husband to melanoma and was left to raise their three little boys on her own. This gave her the drive and determination to bring products to the market that can help families live sun safe while never forgetting how important it is to LIVE and HAVE FUN outdoors.
During our 13-year history we have demonstrated consistently strong growth in sales and company branding and we are in search of people with talent and passion that like teaming up with other highly motivated employees to get the job done, using their own creative genius. We are seeking a full-time person who can take on the role of Marketing Manager for our fast-growth company. This position will report to the CEO and will spearhead marketing programs, brand strategies and awareness initiatives. We are looking for a passionate professional with marketing expertise including social media, digital and offline advertising, brand outreach, and tradeshow coordination. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have a high level of flexibility and commitment, and strong social and communication skills. This person will demonstrate a creative and unique mindset but also have the ability to focus on business metrics and monitor performance to ensure business goals are achieved.
For the right candidate, there is tremendous opportunity for growth and impact on the future direction of the company. Excellent pay and benefits depending on experience. Partial remote work can be considered. Relocation package available if needed.
- Develop, maintain, and execute the social media calendars and assist in the development of the ‘brand voice’ for all social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation of quarterly and yearly marketing calendars
- Monitor, document and report on all monthly marketing and promotional activity
- Research, write, and publish monthly blog posts that will include relevant stories and educational material for the UV Skinz customer
- Organize, interact and maintain relationships with influencers, press/media, and nonprofit event requests for samples, reviews, etc.
- Manage the communication and fulfillment of all donation requests
- Oversee all aspects of communication with our medical partners including initial setup, responding to requests, tracking and reporting results
- Assist in pulling together weekly/monthly PR, social media, digital advertising reports
- Assist in organizing the company tradeshow calendar and key deadlines, which may include attending tradeshows and helping with set-up, show dates, and breakdown
- Manage the inventory and production of all collateral material
- Assist with the creative responsibilities of seasonal direct marketing efforts which will include on-location photo shoots, in-studio photo shoots, build out of catalogs, brochures, and other collateral
- Assist with continual brand awareness and education for internal employees
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field a plus
- 2+ years of experience in retail marketing or brand management with a balance of traditional and digital marketing preferred
- Experience with content marketing to help expand awareness and positioning
- Background in retail/fashion a plus
- Fluent in social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Knowledge of copywriting, crafting headlines, conveying stories to connect with consumers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines and multiple priorities
- A “figure it out” attitude to achieve goals and find solutions
- Curiosity and creativeness to always want to learn and grow and think outside the box
- Be guided by values that are consistent with those of UV Skinz core values.
- Positive mindset and good sense of humor mandatory!
The rock star we’re looking for must be willing to move to Sonora, California and become a part of an amazing, fun, hard-working team that is dedicated to making a difference and be aligned with our company core values. If this job description speaks directly to you and your abilities and you consider yourself to be one of the best in your industry and are looking to add an amazing chapter to your life, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Qualified candidates please submit your resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org