UV Skinz's Ultimate Summer Camp Checklist for Sun Safety
It's that time of year again, the kids are heading off to summer camp. While we know you're excited about some alone time, we'd like to remind you about sun safety tips while they're away. Today, we go over UV Skinz's ultimate summer camp checklist to keep your kids safe from the sun's UV rays while they're away at camp.
What to Pack Your Kids for Summer Camp
- Toiletry bag with toothbrush and toothpaste, broad-spectrum sunscreen, shampoo, soap, and insect repellant for those pesky mosquitoes. If your child wears glasses or contacts, pack those as well as the cleaning solution.
- Pack a wide-brimmed sun hat, a sun bandana, and sunglasses for extra sun protection.
- Swimsuit, goggles, and beach towels (which can be used for bathing or swimming).
- Rain gear or umbrella.
- Sturdy footwear and socks along with flip-flops or water shoes for the shower.
- Reusable water bottle or canteen.
- Laundry bag.
- Stationery to write letters back home (don’t forget the stamps).
- Something comforting from home, such as a family photo or stuffed animal.
- Sleeping bag and bedding along with a headlamp or flashlight.
Check with your child’s camp about specific items they will need, such as spending money or dress clothes.
The American Camp Association also suggests reviewing camp packing lists and breaking in shoes and boots before camp begins. Check out the association’s complete camping list of what to bring when camping.
Proper planning and packing will not only give parents peace of mind but help create some happy campers as well.
Camps such as this one in New Hampshire will offer activities for children all summer long.