JOIN OUR TEAM
This position reports to our awesome Director of Finance & Operations and is responsible for a wide array of accounting, analytical, and clerical duties. These range from processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, to posting journal entries and assisting in financial preparation and reporting.
Company success is tied to the accuracy and timeliness of accounting metrics and reporting, and as part of this accounting team, you will be integral to impacting the future direction of the company – how cool is that?!
If you welcome a challenge, thrive on achieving as a team and individually, and want to work in the coolest building in Sonora, you would love it here. For the right candidate, there is significant opportunity for growth.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
- Processing A/P and A/R transactions including department and expense account classification
- Transaction entry, reconciliation, and discrepancy resolution
- Basic financial reporting (Sales, Expenses, Sales Channel Performance Metrics, Advertising KPI’s, etc)
- Calculating landed costs on inventory receipts and inventory analysis
- Assist with general accounting tasks, including G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing
- Confidently analyze sales, product and other data in Microsoft Excel to achieve the desired reporting outcomes
- Perform any other projects or duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years prior accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks. Ideally you can navigate both with your eyes closed (we appreciate a good sense of humor!)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (e.g. familiarity with lookup functions, pivot tables / charts)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey one’s results and recommendations with confidence and accuracy
- Must be capable of handling sensitive and confidential information and conducting him/herself with a professional attitude. “Attitude is everything!”
- Must possess strong computational and analytical skills - because you’re brilliant like that!
- Proficient with 10-Key data entry. No slow pokes.
- Demonstrate a pattern in life of being honest, accountable and of respected character
- Possess strong attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with adaptability and a high level of - accuracy. We LOVE rockstars that can do this.
- Other necessary qualities include strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage time well. Effective communication both verbally and in writing. A problem-solving attitude, and the willingness to initiate and “figure it out” - while maintaining enough humility to know when to ask for help.
- Be guided by core values that are consistent with those of UV Skinz.
If you want to learn more, answer the following questions. We will only look at your application if these questions are answered. (Please include the answers to these questions in your email).
- How good are you with Excel?
- Do you have experience with posting General Ledger entries?
- What questions do you have for us? (Just bullet point them, we can talk through the details).
The stellar applicant we’re looking for must be willing to relocate to Sonora, California and become a part of an amazing hard-working team that is dedicated to making a difference in this world. If this job description speaks directly to you and your abilities and you consider yourself to be one of the best in your industry and are looking to add an amazing chapter to your book of life, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
UV Skinz sells peace-of-mind from the sun’s damaging rays. We manufacture UPF 50+ protective sun-wear for all ages and make it a top priority to provide the highest quality, fashionable and affordable sun protection products on the market. Most people don’t realize that more than 3 million cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed this year or that 1 in 5 Americans will have some form of skin cancer in their lifetime. We want to help change these statistics by bringing products to the market that help families live sun safe while never forgetting how important it is to LIVE and HAVE FUN outdoors!
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8AM-5PM PST. Some flexibility in hours can be considered if needed.
Ability to commute/relocate: Sonora, CA 95370: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (preferred).
Physical Setting: Office
- Bookkeeping: 2+ Years
- QuickBooks & Excel:2+ Years
- Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing / 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Solid Employee Discounts
- SNACKS in a breakroom nicer than your kitchen
- The best company culture this side of the Mississippi
Qualified candidates please submit your resume and a cover letter* to email@example.com.
*Please submit a well-written cover letter along with your resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be viewed or assessed. Please also review the three questions mentioned above and answer in a reply back to us. We look forward to hearing from you!