JOIN OUR TEAM
Customer Service Team Lead
This position requires a confident communicator with a heart for people and a desire to go above and beyond to make an experience memorable. The ability to help support a team of Customer Service Team Members is a plus. For the right candidate, there is tremendous opportunity for growth and mobility within the company.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
- Managing customer service requests and inquiries via email, phone, live chat, and review channels (experience with Gorgias is a plus!)
- Processing phone orders
- Creating departmental SOPs to make our processes repeatable and scalable
- Light reporting on important CS metrics
- Co-supporting the Customer Service Team alongside the Customer Service Assistant Manager
- Handling payment disputes
- Meeting deadlines efficiently and effectively
- Alignment and connection with our company core values. This might be the most important responsibility of all!
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Empathy as a superpower
- An understanding that, “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- Quick on the keyboard – ideally at least 65 WPM
- An ability and willingness to flex and pivot as things change from day to day based on the needs of the department
- An outgoing personality and eager desire to connect and engage with others
- A “figure it out” mentality until you’re stuck, at which point you know when to ask for help without hesitation
- Excellent at seeing a task through to completion
- An instinct to create processes around everything you do
- Positive outlook on life and good sense of humor is mandatory!
- Be guided by core values that are consistent with those of UV Skinz.
- Supporting a small team - experience in this capacity is helpful, but for the right candidate who desires to work towards leadership this is absolutely trainable.
- Diving deeper into Customer Service analytics to identify pain points and opportunities for growth.
- Experience in Excel and Gorgias (our all-in-one Customer Service helpdesk) is a big plus but also a trainable opportunity.
If you want to learn more, answer the following questions. We will only look at your application if these questions are answered. (Please include the answers to these questions in your email).
- How would you define good customer service?
- What do you think makes a good teammate?
- What questions do you have for us? (Just bullet point them, we can talk through the details).
The rock star we are looking for must be willing to relocate to Sonora, California and become a part of a growing, hardworking team that is dedicated to making a difference in this world. If this job description speaks directly to you and your abilities and you are looking to add an amazing chapter to your book of life, then we look forward to hearing from you!
UV Skinz sells peace-of-mind from the sun's damaging rays. We manufacture UV protective sunwear for all ages and make it a top priority to provide the highest quality, fashionable and affordable UPF 50+ sun protection apparel products on the market. Most people don't realize that more than 3 million cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed this year or that 1 in 5 Americans will have some form of skin cancer in their lifetime. We want to help change these statistics by bringing products to the market that help families live sun safe while never forgetting how important it is to LIVE and HAVE FUN outdoors!
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8AM-5PM PST.
Ability to commute/relocate: Sonora, CA 95370: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (preferred).
Physical Setting: Office
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 Year (Required)
- Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing / 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Solid Employee Discounts
- SNACKS in a breakroom nicer than your kitchen
- The best company culture this side of the Mississippi
Qualified candidates please submit your resume and a cover letter* to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please submit a well-written cover letter along with your resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be viewed or assessed. Please also review the three questions mentioned above and answer in a reply back to us. We look forward to hearing from you!